Dust N’ Bones is a newly established tattoo studio located in Plymouth. It is owned and operated by local tattoo artist Neil Pengilley, and because of his past experience, Dust N’ Bones can offer any style of tattoo, whether it is walk in work or custom work, including traditional style, japanese etc, colour, black and grey, black work and even re-working or covering old or crude tattoos. The studio is fully registered and complies with the strict regulations put in place by the local authorities. If you would like to book a tattoo, go to the contact section of the website and either phone or email the studio.
Our advice to anyone wanting a tattoo would be as follows- Think about it! Have a look on the internet, in magazines and other design sources to get a good idea of what you want, collect together all images you think will help the artist create your design, there is nothing worse than a customer trying to describe the picture that is contained within their mind because the artist does not necessarily have the same idea in their mind!
Once a design is selected it is important to find out when the artist can do it. You might be able to get it done straight away, or if you make a booking, you’ll be required (in most cases) to leave a deposit. This is a non refundable sum of money unless 24 hours notice is given for a cancellation.
If you are going to have names or dates tattooed on you make sure you know the date or the correct spelling – you’d be amazed at how many customers don’t know spellings of their own children or wives!
Dust N’ Bones accepts cash only, there is a free cash point nearby.
Legally, to get a tattoo, you must be 18 or over, therefore photographic ID will be required if you look under age, don’t be offended if we ask you, think of it as flattery. Please do not take a group of mates with you – often they can distract you or the artist, and it can get over crowded very easily.
Your Tattoo is for life, taking proper care of it in the first few days will ensure that your work of art looks its best:
- Remove the dressing around 1 hour after having the work done.
- Wash the tattoo with warm soapy water. Rinse with cool water and pat dry with a soft towel daily.
- Ensure you keep your tattoo clean at all times.
- No sunbathing, sun beds,swimming or saunas until the tattoo has healed.
- Do NOT put Vaseline on your tattoo. You can apply a thin layer of moisturising cream to your tattoo to ease any scabbing. Do not pick at your tattoo when at this stage. Doing so will remove the colour from the skin and could possibly cause scarring. Not good!
- Do not listen to your mates advice, any problems ring the studio or pop in so we can take a look at it
Your tattoo should be healed between 7 to 14 days.
- When your tattoo has healed apply total sunblock if it is going to be exposed to the sun.